Wednesday 21 March 2012

Easy Peasy Threading Fun

It was a revolting wet day here so we needed something quick and easy to entertain us. Threading was just the thing. I had a quick look through the pantry to see what I could find. I had two different types of pasta which were different sizes. I had been keeping the milk bottle tops for awhile with no purpose so quickly put some holes in them with a pair of scissors and found some threading laces that I had brought previously. But any kind of string, wool, ribbon would of done.

What we started with: two different sizes of pasta, some bottle tops and threading laces.

Before we started I tied a knot in the end of the threading laces and put on a bottle cap to act as a stopper.

Master E concentrating very hard at pulling the lace through the lid.

Miss M was keen to have a go but needed lots of help.

We also decided to add some straw for a bit more colour, however, they were too thin for the laces to slide through easily and soon got discarded. 
 Miss M soon got frustrated and enjoyed just playing with the pasta.

Master E with his growing masterpiece.

The bottle tops were a hit!

Lots of concentration while working on his fine motor skills.

This activity went on for much longer than I expected. Master E was very interested and kept at it for quiet some time. It was fabulous for developing his fine motor skills and I loved it as it was so quick and easy to prepare. When we were finished we popped all the pasta and lids into a bag ready to be used again another day.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment