Tuesday 4 September 2012

DIY Felt Boards

The weather here has been all over the place lately so I have been looking for ideas on how to keep two toddlers entertained when we can't go outside without relying on too much television.  The last couple of times that we have been to Playgroup they have had Felt Boards out and Miss M has been captivated by them and played for quite some time. So I decided it was about time to make some of our own. They are so simple and you are only limited by your imagination!




I started with some thick cardboard (that I had collected from who knows where!), some felt rectangles and spray adhesive.
I trimmed the felt to fit the size of the cardboard that I had, then very simply followed the directions on the spray adhesive. Which was to spray a coat of adhesive to the cardboard and the felt, leave for a minute and then I gently popped the felt onto the cardboard being careful to smooth out any bumps. 

I allowed them to dry over night and then they were ready to go.


Then I cut out a variety of shapes to be used on the board, hearts, circles, rectangles, clouds, triangles, what ever I could think of  or the children were asking for at the time!
One of Master E's creations, his Robot with all it's buttons and a heart!
We hope you enjoy our ideas and please feel free to share you own.
R x

No comments:

Post a Comment