Tuesday 4 September 2012

Crayon Melts

If you are anything like us you will have lots of odds and ends of crayons. I have no idea what happens to them, but we always seem to have a bit of this and a bit of that floating around. I had seen a few posts around on melting down crayons to make crayon 'blocks' and finally found some time to have a go. Here is what I did:


I started by taking any existing paper off the crayons and breaking them into small pieces. I separated them into two  patty pans, one with cool colours and the other with warm.

I popped them into the oven which I had pre heated to 200 Degrees Celsius , and lined a baking tray with foil just incase there were any leaks.

I left them in the oven for approx 15 minutes until the crayons were all liquefied.

I removed them from the oven and allowed them to cool, once cooled I popped them into the freezer to set.

Once set I peeled away the patty pan, (some of the paper stuck slightly to the discs, this will rub off once the crayons are used). And there you have it, a simple way to reuse all those pesky bits of crayon.
I love the way the colours have marbled and can't wait for Miss M and Master E to use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment