Tuesday 31 July 2012

Make your own Textured Rubbing Plates

Every time I am in an Arts and Crafts store I look at the textured rubbing plates. Master E and Miss M love using them when they go to Playgroup but the ones at the stores are expensive. Awhile ago I came across a post to make your own. (I can't find the link). It was very simple and quick to complete.

I started with some thick cardboard and cut them into large squares (I always have things like this stashed away, a nappy box would work perfectly), my trusty gluegun and some extra glue sticks.

Once the glue was quite hot I got to making patterns, these aren't fabulous but for the purpose it doesn't matter. I found it hard to control the amount of glue coming out and sometimes needed to retrace my lines.


Here are the finished plates, spots, swirls, lines, big and small zig zags and diamonds.


Here is a quick sneak peek of the pattern made from one of the zig zag plates. Not bad for my first attempt!

They are now ready and waiting for Master E and Miss M to get up and have a go. That will be the real test. If they go well I might have a go at making some letter and picture plates.
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment