Monday 6 August 2012

Box City

I have been collecting boxes to make a Box City for ages and with some very ordinary weather on the weekend I finally got around to getting it done! I had come across a great Blog post from My Small Potatoes where they had built a city using boxes.

I started by wrapping all the boxes in brown paper as a blank canvas for little imaginations. I also added a little  paper to the boxes before wrapping to give them some extra weight as suggested by My Small Potatoes.

Here are the boxes all ready and waiting for some little builders to arrive.
Master E was very excited to find some new blocks. He created these towers. I was surprised that he turned the boxes side on. Little minds work in interesting ways!


Miss M and Master E building a "HUGE" tower.

We decided that the boxes need some 'Pimping Up' to make them look like a real city and since we are so keen to paste at the moment I cut up lots of arches and squares to add windows and doors.


Once we had added the windows and doors I added a black outline so they stood out a bit more. I love the way the kids added many, many windows and doors. I think they look very 'Alice in Wonderland'.


The beginnings of a city.

Lots of interesting windows and doors, I wonder who lives here.

Music on, fairy dresses on, time for some serious building.

Build it up, build it up, build it higher, build it right up into the sky!

Master E, having a ball building his city.

One of Master E's marvellous creations!
We have had so much fun building using our new city blocks, they have provoked lots of discussion and for my husbands benefit, I was keeping those boxes for something important!

No comments:

Post a Comment