Tuesday 22 May 2012

Cardboard Tube Sssssnakes!

So I am a bit of a collector. I had been hanging onto cardboard tubes from paper towel for awhile trying to think of something cool to make. When I came across this great post from NurtureStore on how to make a Junk Model Snake. Here is our interpretation!

What we started with: Poster Paints and Cardboard Tubes cut into smaller sections. (we used ones from paper towel, I don't like to use ones from toilet paper due to hygiene)
Master E had a great time painting all the tubes.

All of our tubes laid out to dry.
Once dried we chose a piece of tube to be the head. Of course Master E choose green. I then helped him to thread some ribbon through and flattened the tube and secured with staples.
It took awhile for Master E to get the idea of pushing the ribbon through the tubes, but when he did he was of and racing.
He then threaded until his heart was content!

Once he was finished threading I secured the end by threading the ribbon back around itself and tying it off.

Master E then used a permanent marker to draw on a face and I cut the ribbon to make a forked tongue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment