Wednesday 30 May 2012

Pasting without the Paste!

My kids are super keen crafters and if I let them would happily craft the day away. I too love a craft, but sometimes can't be bothered with the mess. This is where pasting without paste comes into play.  Instead of paste, which tends to end up everywhere we will often use sticky tape. I collect lots of bits and pieces for pasting and cut up all sorts of things from old birthday cards, catalogues, wrapping paper, bits and pieces of cardboard and anything textured that I can find. Then I stick lots of pieces of tape around the edge of my kids play table and let them at it. They love using the tape and come up with some wonderful creations all while practising their fine motor skills!


The craft table all ready with tape around the edges and lots of bits and pieces for sticking.

Practising our fine motor skills by picking up and pushing down the tape.

The is easy enough for Miss M to do at age 20 months.


Master E's paste free pasting creation.


Miss M's artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment