Thursday 12 April 2012

Rainbow Rice for Sensory Play and Craft

I've been meaning to make rainbow rice for some time. Today while both my monkeys were asleep I finally got around to it, and now we have some beautiful rainbow rice for sensory play and craft fun!

It is so easy.
You will need
Rice ~ I used cheap long grain rice from Aldi
White Vinegar
Assorted Food Colouring



The plain white rice ready to be coloured. This is one cup.

I added one tablespoon of the white vinegar and a few drops of food colouring, stirred it through and this was the result.

I poured the rice onto lined baking trays to dry. I made sure I rinsed the container before creating a new colour.

All of our rainbow rice drying outside ready for some sensory play.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rach,
    Where did you get the amazing coloured dyes from? Mine ends up being really pale...
    x Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    I didn't use anything special. Just the Queen Food Colouring that I have in the pantry. Maybe try adding more colouring. Not sure if that is any help.
    x

    ReplyDelete