Tuesday 5 February 2013

Tape Resist Initial Canvases

I brought some dot painters awhile ago and have been looking for a good way to try them out when I came across a gorgeous post on Resist Painting on Happy Whimsical Hearts which had me thinking. I loved the idea of creating canvases for the Toddler Timers to put up in their rooms and using the Tape Resist Technique.
So here is our attempt at something very similar.

We used canvases that I grabbed from The Reject Shop, they had a four pack for $5 which I thought was a bargain.

I used some low tack masking tape to tape off a M for Miss M and an E for Master E.




Then I let them loose with the dot painters. These were fabulous as there was a controlled amount of paint coming out and no spills or real mess of any kind.







We quickly covered the canvases with dots and were keen to do some more painting so I left Master E and Miss M to freely cover the 2 spare canvases in any way they wished.



Once the canvases had dried I carefully removed the tape to reveal their initials. The results look amazing and Master E and Miss M are keen to have them up in their rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment